01 May 2012

You only live once, but if you do it right - once is enough


I had a case of the Mondays yesterday.  Everything was in a funk.  I couldn't get myself motivated to much, but well, actually that's not true.  I was fairly productive. The struggle was in my attitude.  The lens I was using for the day was cloudy and muttled with worry, stress and fear.  I kept asking myself, what is different from today than yesterday that my attitude is in this place?  I was looking for things to blame and was making mental notes to stop spending time with certain projects or people because something about it was bringing me down. (great way to handle things, Vanessa!)

Well, then I tried to create some personal goals and focus myself.  Pull myself together and get organized about things.    It was a more productive solution, but in the end the whole day was a bit of a struggle.

Then I woke up today. And by accident watched this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxfZkMm3wcg&feature=g-vrec


And I remembered the attitude that I want to operate from.  The zone in my brain and self that feels the most comfortable and fun.  The way I want to live from the inside of me to the outside world.  If you don't like the video, then I think you can at least appreciate these quotes, which starts off with one my all time favorite quotes by Hellen Keller....

"Life is either a daring adventure, or Nothing." - Helen Keller

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." - Mae West

"Do one thing, everyday, that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"I never worry about the future, it comes soon enough." - Albert Einstein

"Action expresses priorities" - Gandhi

I don't own any of your products but thanks, Nike, for that piece of inspiration. I'll take it, and I'm going to be sure to make today count.  


No comments:

Post a Comment