22 May 2012

Globetrotters Bucket List (At Home Edition)

I recently read a blog post written by a globetrotter, she did something brilliant - created a Bucket List for returning home.  After months and months of being on the road and traveling the world she was about to return HOME.  A scary moment for any world traveler.

I've been back in the Bay Area for a few months and will be departing again in October (moving to Spain - woot!)  I have about 4 months "to kill" and I'll be damned if I just waste them away!  I think a Bucket List is most appropriate... here it is! Already done a few!





Bike ride across Golden Gate Bridge

Do More Bike Rides!

Go camping in one of the National Parks

Movie at the Kabuki Theatre

Giants Game at AT&T Park

de Young Museum - Jean Paul Gaultier Exhibit

Bonfire at Baker Beach

Climb the 16th Avenue Tiled Steps

Summer concert (TBD!)

Golden Gate Bridge 75 Years Anniversary Celebration

Stern Grove Free Concerts in the Park!

White Water Rafting - American River

Dance, dance, dance - Salsa whenever possible

Eat at some of the restaurants on this Top 100 SF Restaurants list

That's what I got for now, MORE ideas welcomed!

I LOVE SUMMER!


Here's another good Bucket List for the Bay Area.



2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! We're moving back after nearly four years away... with the anxiety and stress of returning, this will be a great way to focus on the positive! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! It is very helpful. I got the idea from another blogger who just moved home to Sydney after YEARS on the move/go/travel trail. Best of luck with your re-entry process! It is a challenging part - check out this helpful article http://smallplanetstudio.com/2012/03/19/re-entry-processing-after-a-career-break-abroad/

    ReplyDelete