Wow. I didn't see that coming. I thought Twitter was lame (I still kind of do!)
I was one of the last of my friends to create a Pinterest.
Facebook and I have relationship issues.
I started my blog 2 years ago and ignored it for the last year and 10 months.
So what gives? Well, I'm a SOCIAL person and I can do it all day long and in my sleep wherever I may be. But what else? Because you can make money off it. You can get a job. Make friends. Build a following (woot! I feel popular).
Put that all together and it feels like I am creating a path for myself that's leading to something.... something I'm gonna like a whole lot. I don't know what it is yet, but something is brewing.
Basically being social means creating connections. Creating connections leads to opportunity and discovery. And that is GOOD STUFF.
I'm no expert, but here are some resources around getting a job, marketing yourself and building your skills and a career using Social Media
Social Media Misc...
- Check out one of my favorite sites - The Suitcase Entrepreneur and sign up for her newsletter, get a free eBook on Social Media Workout!
- Danielle Sleeper gives her feedback on what worked and what didn't using social media in job searching in the field of International Education. Check it out.
- Other favorite person is Lea Woodward who built a business educating others of how to create a Location Independent Career (Read: You get travel/live anywhere)!
- AND WHO DOESNT LOVE THIS NAME: SheTakesOntheWorld.com <--- YES! Check out Natalie MacNeil and her online business that rocks and how she is using social media and online marketing to have fun and live a life she designs. (I'm next! I'm next!)
- Ashley Houston is a social media junkie recently shared some great articles with me:
- Washington Times on Why you should get on board with the fastest growing social media site in history
- Business Insider gives the basics of How To Use Pinterest - The Hottest Site On the Planet
- Check out this interview with Ashley on how to get ahead using Social Media
- Both Mashable and AOL have articles that talk about how it can help in your job search
- Like Infographics? - Check out this article on using Pinterest for Social Media Marketing Strategy
- Find more at www.SocialMediaOnlineClasses.com
HAVE FUN! And find me